After viewing the video found under RESOURCES in the module titled “Supporting
Mathematical Development in Young Children: Comparison”, answer the following questions:
1. Were your memories of math sweet of difficult and why?
2. How can you help children to make comparisons?
3. How do you support math during routines?
4. Give examples of integrating math learning in play. What theorist(s) can you connect to
5. Explain how to explicitly teach math concepts to young children.
Comparison: Supporting Mathematical Development in Young Children
The Enhanced Block Party: Creative and Innovative Ideas