Resource: Employee Engagement Survey Results
Imagine your health care organization conducted an employee engagement survey and received the results.
Create a 3- to 4-page annual Action Work Plan. Your plan should:
- Define SMART goals, objectives, and strategies.
- Identify desired results.
- Define how success will be measured.
- Identify, analyze, and delegate tasks.
- List the tactics that will be used.
- Create a timeline of events.
- List expenses and create a budget.
Your plan is not limited to the above list.
Cite at least 3 reputable references to support your assignment (e.g., trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, or other sources of similar quality).
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.
Expert Solution Preview
The annual Action Work Plan is a crucial tool for any healthcare organization to improve employee engagement based on the results of an employee engagement survey. In this plan, SMART goals, objectives, and strategies are defined to address the identified areas of improvement. The desired results are outlined, along with metrics to measure success. Tasks are analyzed and delegated, and tactics are listed to achieve the set objectives. A timeline of events is created to ensure timely execution, and expenses are budgeted accordingly. This plan allows the organization to take proactive steps towards enhancing employee engagement and creating a positive work environment.
SMART Goals, Objectives, and Strategies:
To improve employee engagement, the following SMART goals, objectives, and strategies have been defined:
1. Goal: Increase employee satisfaction by 15% within the next year.
a) Enhance communication channels between employees and management through weekly team meetings and monthly town hall sessions.
b) Implement a recognition program to acknowledge and appreciate employees’ contributions.
– Conduct training sessions for managers on effective communication techniques.
– Develop an employee recognition program involving rewards and incentives.
2. Goal: Reduce turnover rate by 10% within the next year.
a) Enhance the onboarding process to ensure new employees feel welcomed and supported.
b) Provide career development opportunities and growth pathways for existing employees.
– Revise the onboarding program to include mentorship and buddy systems.
– Establish a career development committee to identify growth opportunities and create training programs.
Identify Desired Results:
The desired results of the annual Action Work Plan are as follows:
1. Improved employee satisfaction, as indicated by higher scores on post-survey assessments.
2. Increased employee retention, resulting in a lower turnover rate.
3. Enhanced employee morale and motivation, leading to higher productivity and quality of work.
4. Improved communication and collaboration among employees and between management and staff.
Define How Success Will Be Measured:
Success in achieving the desired results will be measured through the following metrics:
1. Employee satisfaction surveys to assess changes in satisfaction levels over time.
2. Retention rate calculations to monitor the progress in reducing employee turnover.
3. Performance metrics, such as productivity and quality indicators, to evaluate the impact of improved engagement on work outcomes.
4. Employee feedback and participation in communication channels and recognition programs to gauge the effectiveness of implemented strategies.
Identify, Analyze, and Delegate Tasks:
To ensure the successful implementation of the Action Work Plan, tasks are identified, analyzed, and delegated as follows:
1. Task: Conduct training sessions for managers on effective communication techniques.
Analysis: Identify communication gaps and areas for improvement through surveys and feedback.
Delegate: Assign the Human Resources department to organize and facilitate these training sessions.
2. Task: Revise the onboarding program to include mentorship and buddy systems.
Analysis: Review feedback from new employees regarding the existing onboarding process.
Delegate: Assign the Training and Development department to redesign and implement the revised program.
List the Tactics That Will Be Used:
To achieve the defined objectives, the following tactics will be employed:
a) Implement an employee recognition program that includes monthly awards and commendations.
b) Create open forums for employee suggestions and feedback.
c) Organize team-building activities and events to foster collaboration and positive relationships.
Create a Timeline of Events:
A timeline of events is essential for tracking the progress of the Action Work Plan and ensuring timely execution. The following milestones and deadlines are identified:
1. Conduct training sessions for managers on effective communication techniques – Month 1.
2. Launch the revised onboarding program with mentorship and buddy systems – Month 2.
3. Implementation of the employee recognition program – Month 3.
4. Organize the first team-building activity – Month 4.
List Expenses and Create a Budget:
To implement the Action Work Plan, financial resources are required. The expenses involved include:
1. Training sessions for managers – Cost of trainers, materials, and venue rental.
2. Onboarding program revision – Development of new materials and resources.
3. Employee recognition program – Cost of incentives, awards, and program administration.
4. Team-building activities – Expenses related to venue, food, and facilitators.
A budget should be created to allocate funds accordingly, ensuring the successful execution of the plan while considering financial limitations.
In conclusion, a comprehensive Action Work Plan enables a healthcare organization to address the employee engagement survey results effectively. Through SMART goals, objectives, and strategies, desired results can be obtained, and success can be measured using appropriate metrics. Tasks are identified, analyzed, and delegated, and tactics are employed to achieve the set objectives. A timeline of events ensures timely execution, and expenses are budgeted to support the implementation of the plan. By following this plan, the organization can enhance employee engagement, leading to a positive work environment and improved overall performance.